Thursday 20 June 2013

Letter for my baby

Dear baby,

I decided to write you a little virtual letter because I cannot find a pen anywhere in this house and is a very big chance it will get lost by the time you get to read it. So I just wanted to tell you that I am not mad at you for getting me really fat ( 3-4 stone extra to be precise) or for the pains I encountered in the past 15 weeks or so. Pains that I didn't even realize exist in my body.

So, baby! These are the things that I will miss about being pregnant:

- my bump. Not my now bump. My before bump, when is was cute and manageable
- excuse to eat a lot
-your daddy's face when I fart and blame you
-the dog being around me all the time
-your kicks
-not having periods (Is a girls thing, you'll never understand)
-maternity clothes, some of them anyway
-getting away with not cleaning, cooking or anything else I don't really fancy doing
-being made cups of tea by your dad
-shopping for newborn stuff and just for general junk. I have been doing a lot of that in the past months and I have stopped as we physically haven't got any more room and you have so much stuff anyway
- the excitement of meeting you
-the excitement on your dad's face every time we mention you
- the excitement on your grandparents to meet you
-weekly bump pictures I have been taking since I was 16 weeks
-something BIG to look forward to
-time off work!!!

Things I will not miss about being pregnant:

-pains, aches, big kicks in the ribs, punches in the bladder
-sore boobs
-random sickness and vomiting episodes,usually before bed
-weeing every 5 minutes
-having no sleep, especially in the last trimester when bump is too big
-weird sudden cravings like cherries when I have no money on me
-weight gain
-not being able to wear many clothes for too long due to ever changing shape
-paying for maternity clothes that I don't get to wear for too long
-stretch marks ( got a few in week 38 to 39)
-hot flushes
-not being able to shave or see my bits
-not being able to drink, I miss WINE!
-not being able to walk anymore or do any sort of exercise

So baby!! As you can see there have been pros and cons but we will love you very much and we have sacrificed a lot of things in order to offer you the best start in life. We are moving to a bigger house, we got a new car so we can get you in an out easier than in our old car, we have ensured that you have every single piece of clothing, cosmetic, toiletry and gadget that is available so you don't miss out like we might have done when we were little. We will take you to baby groups, swimming, football games and any other things you might like doing (saying we I mean your dad of course as I will be too busy drinking wine).
I am excited to sit around the table together whilst you throw food on the walls, your dad cleaning it and me booting the dog for begging and making noises... that's how I picture our dinners :)
I am excited for our first Xmas together. You will be too small to understand but it will be amazing!!

So baby!! Hurry up and bring some excitement to our lives because we REALLY need it!!!

Love, your fat mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment