Wednesday 19 June 2013

39 weeks pregnant


This week I honestly thought I was going to give birth as I had really bad pains and little contractions. We ended up going to hospital on Saturday night as the pains were unbearable. They took bloods ( which left me with a horrendous bruise on my left arm), smear test, blood pressure, temperature and baby monitoring for more than half an hour. The results were fine which was quite frustrating, I secretly hoped they would give me a reason for all these pains. We were there for over 5 hours and it was draining and depressing. Hopefully next time I'll end up in there I will come out with a baby as I am sure the nurses know me already and of course I know my way round the hospital.

Apart from pains, Braxton Hicks and other unknown symptoms I had not much has changed. Still loving watermelon and the other day I had a really big crave for cherries after seeing them in a green grocer. I wanted to buy some but didn't have any change so I didn't in the end but kept thinking about how delicious they looked so went back the next day and got some... they were devoured in less than a minute.

It was Fathers Day on Sunday so we spent the day doing bits and bobs in the morning, had lunch out in town followed by a visit from my dad and the rest of the afternoon spent in the pub with my dad and rest of the family and friends with babies. Got a lot of sympathy looks from other people with the question : ''Oooh still pregnant then??'' Everyone is texting me to ask if I'm still pregnant and almost feel guilty for saying yes! Even Liam has been Googling 'How to induce labour naturally' which sent me absolutely mental. I am not a bloody baby machine and I don't see how is such an inconvenience for everyone else that I am still pregnant, if anyone should feel stressed and impatient is bloody ME!
 
 We now have a moving date... a week today!!! Mental I know but if we get ourselves organized then I'm sure it will be fine with our without baby.  We need to hand the keys over on the 27th June so that day we are going to Liam's mum to stay and we allocated a week to decorate and get the furniture in our new house so we won't be homeless for more than 7 days. If the baby comes earlier then we'll just have to move out a bit earlier but we're now hoping that baby is a bit late :) At least in 4 weeks we can say we've moved house, had a baby and we're all settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment