Thursday 30 May 2013

When things don't go to plan!

As per my previous post, the midwife sent me for a scan to check the baby's position which didn't go so well unfortunately! 

Today was not a good day and it started with me trying to be clever and squeezing through a tight alley way which resulted in a massive scratch on my brand new car together with a bloody dent. Brilliant! 
I then went home to tidy up as Liam finished work early so we can go for a scan, then out for dinner to see the niece and cinema in the evening. Good plan so far! 

All spoiled when we found out during the scan that naughty baby has indeed changed position from head down to horizontal so across my ribs. Head in right rib, feet in left rib! Not only that but he's in danger on getting the cord somehow wrapped around him if I go into labour early. AND I will be in danger as well as his feet can come out first which can cause major bleeding for me so NOT GOOD at all! So mama is now staying in hospital until naughty baby arrives which thankfully won't be in 4 weeks as the doctor said o will get a C-section at 38 weeks if everything is still the same which is very likely.

My OCD then kicked in so all I could think of was SHIT!! I have so many things I needed to do like cooking some food for the freezer, washing all the baby's clothes, getting mentally ready! What about the cinema tonight? What about my baby shower in 2 days time? What about, what about, what about?????

I miss my home so much already! Next time I'll go back home is with a baby. I'm not going to see the dog now for a while :( God, this is so scary! I only came in for a scan. I didn't come in to have a baby.

The good thing is that we have brilliant family and friends who all offered to help and visit me so I am very happy with that.

My new home:

No comments:

Post a Comment