Thursday 23 May 2013

Our home

I decided to do a post about my favorite spots in the house as I am going through a very loving phase at the moment and I will miss this house very much when we move. Plus I want baby to see where he was born (is looking like this will be his house for a couple of days/weeks until we move).
 
 
New plant pot outside the front door which I'm very proud of (again is the little things in life)


Firstly is baby's room obviously. It used to be my dressing room and I was very proud of it but now we are used to be quite self contained so we get ready in our own bedroom where we now have a dressing table.
This bedroom was decorated by Liam and we are proud of it. He put the wallpaper up, carpet down and painted the walls,pipes and radiator so it was sparkling clean. He also built the nursery with the help of his brother and Dad. We still have a few stickers and photos to put up but we'll do this in the new house.



 

As mentioned, we now have a dressing table in our bedroom which I love as it has everything we need at hands reach. My favorite item is the sparkly mirror which we got from Liam's brother.

 

The next room is the lounge where we spend most of our time together. I always have fresh flowers on the fireplace stand and some candles burning. My favorite spot is the square bookcase which holds a few pictures and wooden words which very much reflect our home. We also have the most comfortable chair which our friends gave to us when they were renovating and is Liam's pride and joy. He doesn't get to sit on it as at the moment is the only thing that I'm comfortable to sit on.


 

We also have a spare room downstairs which used to be a dumping room before I moved in, to then transform into a dining room. We decided we weren't getting much use of it as we rarely eat at the table (more like TV dinners whilst watching Eastenders) and when I got pregnant we decided to transform it into a spare room with a sofa bed in case anyone stays over. For a while it was Liam's room as he did spend a few nights sleeping in there before he decided the sofa is a better option. Also the cheeky bastard dog decided that is was way better than his own bed so he used to make himself comfortable on the sofa bed.If we would have stayed in this house we would have used the room as a play room and also to put the pram and the toy box so there away from our lounge.

 
Last and my favorite room is The Kitchen!! I bloody love my kitchen and I will definitely need a while to recover from the devastation of downgrading to a smaller one. We only had the kitchen done (by Liam again because he's clever like that) last year in September so is very new. I take much pride in the white floor and cupboards and clean it every day :) we also have a bar built in and is great for when we have people round for dinner which is more or less every week. We had some great little parties here and that is also how we got together ( came to see the bar apparently). It was also great for Christmas and New Year as we had drinks at the bar rather than go out and I'm sure it saved us a small fortune over the years having drinks at our bar. We also use the bar for a quick dinner although we now have one of them dining tables that folds back once is used and is great for us.
My kitchen has everything I need in it, loads of cupboards, shelves and the indispensable white appliances which I refuse to move out without. Now that I am fat I can't bend over or stretch to the higher shelves so I have a little prep station next to my amazing cooker with my oils, pastas and other spices I use all the time. I like to have things handy so I keep my mugs, kettle and coffee/tea next to each other as well. When I went on mat leave I organized all the cupboard so I know where everything is and unnecessary clutter is thrown away. 
Latest addition to my kitchen is the plant pots on the windowsill which I think it makes it look even nicer. The color on the walls was something that I also love as is my favorite color but I also think it makes it look fresher and cleaner.




 
 
Of course we also have a bathroom and a garden but I don't spend much time in any of them so not really worth mentioning. So Dear Baby, this is our home for the time being and I hope you will like it as much as we do for the time you're here. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment