Sunday 5 May 2013

My favorite eye make up - smokey

Every since I was a teenager, I somehow teached myself to do my own make up and it kinda evolved from there. I always loved makeup and would spend all my money on bits and bobs of it. I feel more confident when I have it on and have always been very particular about my skin. I treat it well, moisturize it every morning and night and very very rarely sleep with any make up on.

Everyone used to say to me that I'll look like an old hag at 20 because of all the makeup I used to wear. Fortunately I don't , my only niggle is that I have very dark circles around my eyes and I look yellow if I don't put some makeup and maybe this is the reason I always chose to wear it.

So for this post I will show you what I very often use to do my eyes:



-First I start with foundation which at the moment is L'Oreal True Match in beige which is the perfect shade for my olive/yellow looking skin( when I don't wear it people ask me if I'm coming down with something :/)
- after foundation I apply Rimmel concealer in beige as well on the dark circles around my eyes and any spots that I might have
- last covering step is my Stay Matte Pressed Powder from Rimmel again in nude,using a make up sponge I apply powder where I applied concealer as I don't like shiny eyes and with my skin it tends to look like really white fine lines under my lower lashes

To get the smoky eye effect,I use the following products :



- first I cover my eyebrow bone in a very light shimmery beige shade from L'Oreal ( the single colour pot)
- apply dark eyeshadow on the lid covering it from the corner of the eye to the waterline, palette from L'Oreal ( I use the darker one and the upper white one mostly)
- apply a light shade for the inner corner of the eye
- pencil in the inside of your lower lid
- apply eyeliner from the middle of the eye towards to outer corner to create a cat eye effect as per below photo
- apply a couple of coats of mascara,I forgot to take a picture but I use L'Oreal Telescopic in jet black ( the gold one) and have been for a couple of years and is the best one

The result ( not modified or photoshopped):



No comments:

Post a Comment