Friday 5 July 2013

10 days with our baby









The first 10 days with baby Mason were hard and tiring but the best days of my life. This little boy is the best thing that happened to us and I feel so lucky to have him.I didn't think that you could love someone as much as I love him,he's just amazing!

The first days were hard as we were all getting used to each other, I was in a lot of pain which was very frustrating as I couldn't give him my full attention and my boobs were throbbing with pain! The midwife said he is perfect and he's developing just how he should for his age. Today we have the 10 day check which I'm sure it will be just fine.He was born with a mark on his bum which has now gone,also had his first bum rash which is also gone and we had a bit of a sticky eye.
He was quite a sicky baby, vomiting all the time but I think that was my milk being quite fatty.

We also had piercing screams every time we changed his nappy, he was absolutely hating it and it broke my heart to hear him crying like that :(
Now he's just amazing, the crying has gone,he just makes piggy noises when we change him. He loves his daily baths with me and I love it too!
We try and get him in the bath by 10/10:30 so Liam can give him a bottle by 11 so then he's asleep straight away and I only have to get up once or twice in the night for a feed and change.

He is sleeping a lot with feeds every 2-3 hour. I try to keep him entertained while he's awake so he gets a good sleep.

He's a very sucky baby so we give him a dummy to chill him out! I was against dummy's before him *** nasty cheap plastics*** but is amazing the effect they have on him and I always said that if he's happy and content then I am.

I also breastfeed apart from his after bath bottle of formula that Liam gives him. I can't say that I love breastfeeding because I don't, it hurts and my boobs have gone humongous but I know is good for him, I will put him on formula full time when he's 10 weeks ...maybe.

HOUSE UPDATE:

We are finally moving tomorrow!! I can't believe this happened just when I went into labour but there is an end to it and tomorrow is the day. I am so excited! 
Oh... The car broke down when I was in labour as well so Liam had to run to his dads to get his car at 12 am at night, we had the parking pass in the old car but that's a different story! I didn't expect this to be easy anyway ;))



No comments:

Post a Comment