Friday 10 May 2013

Last day in work pre-baby

What an emotional day! Not only was my last day in work but we picked up my new car and didn't have time to say a proper goodbye to my old one :(

So as I said,today was the last day I got up at 7am to go to work.Well, I actually got up at 5:30am(!!!!!!) because I kept dreaming that I'm going into labour on my last day and don't have time to handover and to say goodbye.Liam wasn't well either and he got up earlier than me so him not being in bed was weird too.

Me and my friend Michelle slaved away last night baking buns,cakes and brownies for work people, nothing better than a dress down Friday with cakes for breakfast, they went down very well.
***I am really getting into baking and even treated myself today with some new baking trays.I know! Is the little things nowadays***

It was so strange to walk through the doors and make my coffee and generally following the same routine I do every day knowing it'll be the last time I'm doing it.Everyone kept asking if I'm getting emotional and I must say that I did get very sad but didn't really have time to get sad and sulk as I was so busy trying to get work done.

I must say that my work colleagues are ace and they are the only reason I am still in that job. The banter we have and the inappropriate jokes kept us going during these awful past months where there weren't enough people for the amount of work we had.

I was so spoiled with gifts for the baby,cards, flowers, wine (mwahahahaha, more for mama,I have a couple of bottles of rosé with my name on them after baby), chocolates and whatnot.

Not sure how long I will be off as we haven't yet thought about childcare so for now I just want to enjoy some time off, try and spend as much time as possible with Liam and hopefully move house before the baby comes.

A few photos from today:

Sexy cakes





















And the piece au resistance for after baby shenigans:



Mmmm...I will love it, each sip of it!

P.S. I must mention the most hilarious thing Shaz from work got us for the baby (the massive yellow flower in the pictured):

www.bloomingbath.com
Check it out! I love Shaz for finding the most random things ever online ! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment