Wednesday 1 May 2013

Bargain shopping!!

 

As it was pay day last week, I decided to buy a few bits and bobs for the baby and also for my hospital bag. We are hoping to move house in the next weeks so I want to be prepared in case baby decides to come early and don't fancy searching for nursing pads/muslin cloths/etc in a house full of boxes and other crap. Anyway, how bloody expensive baby related stuff are??? It just makes me angry every time I buy something so I decided to raid the charity shops in town for some dresses for me ( nothing fits any more once again :(), is getting hot and I'm always having hot flushes so not sexy!

I must say that charity shops nowadays are not cheap, you definitely can't expect to buy anything for less than a fiver unless you want a china cup or a yellow,smelly book. I managed to pick up 2 dresses for £15 which aren't maternity but they will do the job and one of them was new with tags but £15 from a charity shop???? I feel robed...

Next stop was B&M Bargains and good old Poundland for some toiletries and baby stuff ( baby hairbrush, baby nail scissors and nail clip for £1.99? Gracias). What actually made me happy and fulfilled was my brand new clothes horse, which was reduced to £12.99 and is has sooooo much space for spreading my big granny pants and my brand new charity shop dresses ;) because I'm class!
and we haven't got a tumble dryer anymore :(

My last and best bargain of all times was eBay. I was randomly looking for something when I typed baby bundle and a whole page of options was open just for me. I'm not very good with eBay ( ever since me and Liam bided against each other on a table and not realising to only be very smug when I told him how cheap I got it after managing to win it against a looser who wasn't quick enough,course that was Liam doing the same thing) so when I found a bundle of over 60 items of baby boy clothing for less than £20 I decided to put a bid thinking it'll go for a lot more given the massive selection on offer. The listing ended at 7 am next day just as I was getting ready for work so was able to keep an eye on it, only went and won the bloody bundle for £21. My dad picked them up for me so saved   me the money on the postage and voila:




It was so much stuff, we got rid of a couple from the bundle and some clothes we had as well as we decided that they weren't as nice as the new ones and managed to put together another lot ready to go on eBay for probably the same price as what I paid. Win win !! So it just shows that you don't have to spend a load of money to get stuff unless you are precious about newborn clothes which we aren't :D

I have a feeling that I'll be doing a lot more bargain hunting soon with the house decorating and finishing work which I'm sure I can get used to till baby comes ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment